|Police Officer 2 Ephrain Garcia Mejia of the PNP-SAF. (First name is not Emphraim as shown in the photo printed by local dailies.)|
PO2 Ephraim Garcia Mejia is No. 32 in the list of fallen 44 PNP-Special Action Force (SAF) troopers who were killed in action in that fateful Mamasapano clash of PNP-SAF against Moro Islamic Liebration Front (MILF), Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighter (BIFF) and some unidentified private armies in the cornfield of Mamasapano, Maguindanao (of mainland Mindanao) last January 25, 2015 (Sunday). PO2 EGMejia was 33 years old when he died.
Actually, PO2 EGMejia was not from Inopacan, Leyte. He was from San Nicolas, Pangasinan (western Luzon). He was a distant relative to us most who are Inopacnons.
Information gathered about PO2 EGMejia are the following:
- He was a native from San Nicolas, Pangasinan (western Luzon)
- He lived in Pasay City (Metro Manila).
- He was married to Mea Varona-Mejia.
- He finished his BS Criminology course at the Pangasinan Colleges of Science and Technology (PCST) of Pangasinan and he belonged to class 2003.
- Police Officer 2 Ephraim Garcia Mejia (alyas Buk) with PNP Badge No. 191657 was an active member of Philippine National Police - Special Action Force (PNP-SAF) from December 2008.
- He belonged to PSBRC CLASS 2008-02 (a.k.a. PINAG-ALAB CLASS).
- He was a veteran of Zamboanga Siege in September 2013 and was the Operator of Zamboanga area.
- He received the medal and award of the Medalya Ng Kadakilaan as published under DPRM GO# 1426 dated September 16, 2014 given for his courage and gallantry in action during fierce firefight with more or less 600 members of the Moro National Liberation Front led by Habier Malik in Barangays Rio Hondo, Santa Catalina, Santa Barbara, Mampang and Talon-talon, Zamboanga City from September 9 to 29 that resulted in the death of 25, arrest of 143 and surrender of 38 MNLF members; Rescue of 13 hostages, recovery of 34 long firearms, and three (3) short firearms, assorted magazines and ammunition, two (2) laptops, assorted documents and other personal belongings.
Thank you, Ephraim, for your service of keeping our Freedom to live from terrorists. We are proud of all the fallen, the wounded, and the survivor TAGALIGTAS.
We your parientes are very sad we lost you. Rest in peace.
Our condolence to the Mejia clan.
See related FB post from Inopacnons Global Family (IGF).
See PO2 Mejia's photos from his FB account here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.778827442193417.1073741830.159891250753709&type=3
See Youtube of PO2 Mejia's batch in PSBRC Pinag-alab class while in training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBoYVW39Rw
More videos of Pinag-alab recognition day: http://www.socialnightlife.com/index.php?pg=searchvideo&v=_xbup1VZQjE
Related GMA news featuring names of Fallen 44
#Fallen44 #SAFmassacre #PO2EphraimGMejia #SAFtroopers #PNPSAF #KilledInAction #SAFHeroes #PNP #MamasapanoMassacre #FallenHeroes #Tagaligtas #PO2Mejia #RestInPeace44 #MamasapanoIncident #MaguindanaoMassacre #misencounter #SAFmisencounter #MamasapanoMisencounter #SAFCommandos #BIFF #MILF #MamasapanoClash #heroic44